So you attended Seminar 1 and are ready to help patients and earn orthodontic income. We've broken down the process of starting cases into a few easy-to-follow steps to help you get started.
To maximize your orthodontic ability and resources, take these first steps with your staff and potential orthodontic patients before you attend Seminar 2. At this seminar, you'll learn how to analyze these records, create a customized, full treatment plan and instructors can support you live.
1. Promote your new service
2. Talk to patients
3. Get record taking materials
4. Take records
5. Digitize orthodontic records
- Digitizing white stone models or photos - you can scan with most types of scanners (see tutorial) or take a digital photo with most types of cameras (including tablet or phone cameras). If you use a camera, have good lighting, take the photo from directly above and include a ruler or object of known measurement (like a penny) in the photo. If you're using an intraoral scan, make sure to export it as an .STL file. You should be able to do this with any/most brands of scanners.
- Digitizing photos - scan with any type of scanner
- Digitizing film panos and cephs - scan with a special scanner, like Epson V800 or use any type of camera to take a digital photo of your film on a light box. If you take a photo, include a rule or object of known measurement (like a penny) in the photo.